Becoming One with Nature
The natural world around us wants to connect with us. Nature is always sending messages to us. Through “Walkin the Trail Workshops” we develop a deeper relationship with nature and feel the healing powers of the forest.
Connection to the earth and all its inhabitants are at the core of our program. It is based upon the idea that people are connected to and impacted by the natural environment. Walking in harmony with nature expands your awareness so you can relax and reduce your anxieties & stresses. It is a way for nature to give us some much needed healing.
The beneficial effects of nature results not only from what people see but from what they experience through other senses as well. We can become one with nature and experience peace by listening to nature’s whispers, seeing the littlest details and feeling the magic of the forest.
Forest therapy or Forest Bathing, originated in Japan, where it is called Shinrin Yoku. Health advocates recommend to spend two hours per week in nature to receive its enormous health benefits.
- Forest and Nature Therapy helps reduce depression, cortisol levels or stress and anxiety.
- Phytoncides are emitted from Cedar, Locust, Oak & Pine trees and Garlic, Onion & other spices. Phytoncides have antibacterial and antifungal qualities which help plants fight disease. When people breathe in these chemicals, our bodies respond by increasing the number of a type of white blood cell called natural killer cells or NK. Health benefits including reduced blood pressure and an increase in white blood cell count, which in turn boosts the immune system.
- Improved heart rate and helps with insomnia.
- Increased productivity, focus and creativity.
- Plant fragrances and beauty help relax us, thus reducing mental fatigue and refreshing the mind.